Sunday 9 November 2008

Baton Rouge Week 20

Baton Rouge Week 20 Nov. 9
Things seemed much the same this week. For some reason I felt like I had a lot to do at the university this week. My committee work in the English department seemed to kick up. In addition, I had a teaching coordination for the Geaux Teach program. I had a luncheon for new faculty to talk about mentoring.
We did have the missionaries over Thursday for dinner and a message. They wanted to talk to us about the ward mission plan. The ward has a mission plan which is basically that every family should have a plan. We are still thinking about what we should do. We need to be good examples of course, but we are thinking about pass along cards, and inviting people to ward activities.
I was able to finish the same paper I was working on. I sent it off on Tuesday. Now I am dedicating writing time to finishing the paper that Dana and I have going. The biggest part to finish is mine and I am having some structural problems with the whole thing.
The people I am working with on the editorship and I have a lot of work to do before the NCTE conference in two weeks. I have been talking with people who know the history of the journal. I hope that this will give me a better idea of how our ideas will move the journal along.
We spent some time yesterday doing some final cleaning from the construction. The goop and glue on the windows of the new French doors was very difficult to scrap off. Dana finally solved the problem by using mineral spirits on the tough spots. It still took time to scrap around the edges with a razor blade.
Georgia won, it was ugly but I’ll take it. LSU lost in overtime to Alabama. BYU won again. Go Utes. They won a close one against TCU. On the radio, it sounded like they started in a hole and just kept working away at the win. I think they will have to credit the defense.
There is a town near here that has some Scottish games, Jackson, Louisiana. I think we are going to try and go see them for a bit next week.
Love Dad and Dana

1 comment:

Amelia said...

We will definitely want to see pictures of the Scottish games!